My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://familyfocusblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

ANNOUNCEMENT: I am going to be making the leap and switching to Wordpress! While I am doing so I am going to be changing the name of this blog to FAMILY FOCUS BLOG. I think this will be more reflective of its nature. I will still report on family fun, eco tips, giveaways, products, and causes that you may find helpful or interesting with a focus on going green and saving money! This process will be begin 1/28 and should be done by 1/30

How to Make Rolled Paper Beads- Fun Kids Craft

>> Sunday, June 27, 2010

Here is a fun and easy craft for kids that my 5 year old really loved.



1. First you draw skinny triangles on paper. These will form the beads. There is no set rules on the exact size of the triangle but I would say have the base be about 3/4 of an inch and the length be about 6 inches. It works well if you have slightly thick paper. You can use construction paper and have solid beads of different colors or you can start with a patterned paper or white paper and let them color on different patterns.

2. Cut out the triangles.

3. Starting at the wide end, roll the triangles up. You can use a toothpick, chop stick, or pencil if it helps you. When you are about half way rolled, add a drop of glue and keep rolling. Then add one more drop of glue when you are almost to the tip and spread it towards the tip to hold the bead shut.



4. You can string the beads on a ribbon, or cord. We used an embroidery thread.

This can be an eco-friendly craft if you use old scrap paper or magazine pages to make the beads.

Easy and fun!

You might also like my post about how to make a birdfeeder with your kids craft.

5 comments:

Tiffany,  said... June 27, 2010 at 7:04 PM  

I have a bracelet made from these beads. I love it.

Peace, Love and Chocolate
Tiffany

Tracita Linda (Tracey),  said... July 1, 2010 at 8:41 AM  

Oh man you literally bought me back to my childhood. I had a machine that actually came with the thread, glue and everything. I miss it!!

Book Lover,  said... July 9, 2010 at 8:45 AM  

What a FUN craft! Always looking for things like this for my girls, thanks!

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks for sharing!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP