My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://familyfocusblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

ANNOUNCEMENT: I am going to be making the leap and switching to Wordpress! While I am doing so I am going to be changing the name of this blog to FAMILY FOCUS BLOG. I think this will be more reflective of its nature. I will still report on family fun, eco tips, giveaways, products, and causes that you may find helpful or interesting with a focus on going green and saving money! This process will be begin 1/28 and should be done by 1/30

Baby Bunk Makes Co-Sleeping Easy, Safe, and Comfortable

>> Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Cosleeping (sometimes spelled co-sleeping, and also known as bed sharing or "having a family bed") is the practice of having your infant in your bed with you during sleep. We chose this option with our babies because I was breastfeeding and it just makes it so much easier not to have to get up and go in a separate room every couple of hours. I also just wanted my babies close where I could see them and know they were fine.

When I chose to co-sleep, lots of people asked me, "Aren't you afraid, you'll roll over on your baby?" I think this is one of the main reasons people chose not to co-sleep but it can be quite safe and even the American Academy of Pediatrics does encourage room-sharing (or co-sleeping on a separate surface) in its policy statement regarding SIDS prevention. That's why I was so excited when I saw the Baby Bunk cosleeper, because it makes it easy, safe, and comfortable for anyone interested in co-sleeping. The Baby Bunk infant sleeper lets you spend your nights together, helping to keep you closely bonded, but giving you each your own space.

What customers are saying about Baby Bunk Cosleeper:

"I just wanted to let you know how much we love the Baby Bunk. Our daughter, Eileen was born in November right here at home, so has been sleeping in it from her very first night. It is so convenient for breast feeding and to make sure the baby is still breathing when paranoia suddenly strikes in the middle of the night! When my husband goes out of town on business, we stay at my Mom's and I always bring the Baby Bunk for Eileen. I only wish I'd had it when my first son was a baby. I recommend the bunk to everyone I know."

"Easier than a bassinet to get the baby into my bed to nurse, especially after a C-section."


Curious about the benefits of co-sleeping? Here are some studies cited on breastfeeding.com:

*Harvard psychiatrist Michael Commons and his colleagues recently presented the American Association for the Advancement of Science with research that suggests that babies who sleep alone are more susceptible to stress disorders.

*Notre Dame anthropology professor and leading sleep researcher, James McKenna, has long held that babies who sleep with their mothers enjoy greater immunilogical benefits from breastfeeding because they nurse twice as frequently as their counterparts who sleep alone.

*In his book on Sudden Infant Death Syndrome, pediatrician William Sears cites co-sleeping as a proactive measure parents can take to reduce the risk of this tragedy. McKenna's research shows that babies who sleep with parents spend less time in Level III sleep, a state of deep sleep when the risk of apneas are increased. Further, co-sleeping babies learn to imitate healthy breathing patterns from their bunkmates.

Every scientific study of infant sleep confirms that babies benefits from co-sleeping. The Baby Bunk cosleeper attaches securely to your bed and keeps your baby right with in arms reach. Another awesome feature is that it can transform into a toddler bench. I love it when things are versatile! Baby Bunk also carries organic bedding and mattresses to complete your infant sleeper so go ahead and take a look!

2 comments:

Anonymous,  said... November 2, 2010 at 8:30 AM  

This looks very interesting. I also chose to co-sleep and had many concerns. This would help a lot. Luckily, no more babies are in my future, but if there were this would be on my list of must haves!

Melinda,  said... November 4, 2010 at 1:42 AM  

I appreciate that it converts to a bench! We had a snuggle nest that we used for the first several months with our son, and when he outgrew that he started sleeping directly in our bed. My husband and I both love having him close. Co-sleeping is great!!!

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks for sharing!

Back to TOP