My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://familyfocusblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

ANNOUNCEMENT: I am going to be making the leap and switching to Wordpress! While I am doing so I am going to be changing the name of this blog to FAMILY FOCUS BLOG. I think this will be more reflective of its nature. I will still report on family fun, eco tips, giveaways, products, and causes that you may find helpful or interesting with a focus on going green and saving money! This process will be begin 1/28 and should be done by 1/30

Thorlos Socks for Foot Protection

>> Sunday, March 28, 2010


I recently received a pair of socks from Thorlos to try. I was actually unfamiliar with their concept which I find to be very valuable. Thorlos socks provide padding in just the right places to replace the fat pads on your feet that naturally wear away with age.

During all moving activities the foot is subjected to three main forces: Pressure, impact and shearing force. The Thorlos are anatomically designed with patented terry padding to protect feet from these forces. Instead of the tissues on your feet moving in opposite directions, the terry padding moves under your feet, transferring the movement from the tissues of the foot to the terry padding itself.

And to ensure that your feet are protected from the adverse effects of accumulated perspiration inside the shoe, surface moisture and water vapor are effectively channeled to the outside of the foot where they can be evacuated through the shoes. This is accomplished with the Thorlos proprietary yarn combinations that include THOR·LON® Acrylic, CoolMax® and other high tech fibers that 'wick' moisture away from the foot.

According to Thorlos, "This combination of moisture management and the reduction of pressure, impact and shearing forces reduces fatigue, and helps you to enjoy your sport or activity longer, with the confidence that your feet are protected by the best foot gear available today... ONLY Thorlos have peer-reviewed, published medical studies that confirm these benefits of pressure, impact and shearing reduction , as well as a study that shows the benefit of enhanced circulation in the lower extremities from wearing Thorlos."


Thorlos has several lines of socks geared toward different physical activities such as running, tennis, walking, hiking, basketball, and everyday comfort. I tried Experia® Socks powered by THORLO pads. Experia is anatomically engineered for aero-dynamic fit and protection without weight. They are designed for high performance runners, cyclists, hikers and fitness walkers who prefer a minimal amount of foot protection. These socks are great for me and others that may not be used to the padding to because they are padded in only the most necessary areas. They are definitely a good looking sock. I loved the way they hug your feet and really shape to your foot without any loose areas. At the same time they do not feel at all constricting. I liked the feel of the socks and I did notice the extra cushioning felt great on my feet during long walks. I am going to tell my mom and grandmother about these socks too because I think they could really benefit from these socks. Check out Thorlos and see all of their attractive socks and pick the ones that are right for you. They also have free shipping when you order 3 pairs!

Thorlos did provide me with the free pair of Experia in hopes that I would share my honest opinions. I did not receive and any monetary compensation and the opinions expessed are my own.

3 comments:

Ascending Butterfly,  said... March 29, 2010 at 6:48 PM  

These look interesting! Thanks for visiting Ascending Butterfly today! :-)

Mary,  said... March 29, 2010 at 10:00 PM  

I am intrigued by these socks, as I'm on my feet all day! I may have to try them!

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks for sharing!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP