My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://familyfocusblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

ANNOUNCEMENT: I am going to be making the leap and switching to Wordpress! While I am doing so I am going to be changing the name of this blog to FAMILY FOCUS BLOG. I think this will be more reflective of its nature. I will still report on family fun, eco tips, giveaways, products, and causes that you may find helpful or interesting with a focus on going green and saving money! This process will be begin 1/28 and should be done by 1/30

Weekend Festivities: Insects of The Night Festival and Summer Saturdays at Ellington Agricultural Center

>> Saturday, July 10, 2010

Our Nature Center hosted a lovely Insects of the Night Festival last night. It was fun for the kids. Lots of stations for them to visit to learn more about insects, fun crafts to do, puppet shows, and a night hike!



This morning we checked out Summer Saturdays of July at the Ellington Agricultural Center. Today it was all about horses!


My son looked so happy up there on that huge horse- just so satisfied with life. Pure enjoyment!
We also really enjoyed looking at the old buildings and farm artifacts from the 19th and early 20th centuries. It was interesting to show the kids how people used to live so simply in one room log cabins and travel in covered wagons.


You may also enjoy reading Eco-friendly Craft: Making a Bird Feeder with Kids.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks for sharing!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP