>> Tuesday, December 7, 2010
BrightBin is dedicated to packing waste-free lunches! This company was developed by a mommy who after having packed many school lunches with wasteful plastic bags, became fed up. She decided to develop a product that would make our schools “greener”, make families more environmentally responsible, and be super easy and convenient for those of us packing the lunches. No more plastic bags, no more lids and containers that become mismatched or get lost, no more washing out reusable bags! Plus kids can keep their favorite insulated lunch bag like their Hello Kitty, Spiderman, or whatever else it might be. It doesn’t get any better, easier, or “greener” than this when it comes to packing lunch each day! BrightBin Waste Free Lunch boxes is 100% committed to changing the way kids bring a packed lunch to school.
BrightBin developed the New Generation Lunch Box:
· Flexible! Comes with a handle to be used as a lunch box on its own or it can be used as an insert inside a child’s favorite insulated lunch carrier. Fits inside all cloth lunch carriers.
· Replaces plastic bags and small food storage containers.
· Simple! One unit with no lids or extra pieces to get lost or forgotten in the cafeteria.
· Two level lunch box with divided built-in compartments and a sandwich/entrée compartment on top.
· 100% FREE of BPA, phthalates, lead, and PVC guaranteed.
· Convenient! Dishwasher and microwave safe.
· Save money! No more buying plastic bags or replacements for lost lids.
· Save time! No more searching the cabinets to find matching lids and containers or fumbling with plastic bags.
Why are waste-free lunch boxes so important?
Fact: The average student bringing a packed lunch to school generates 67 pounds of food packaging waste.
Fact: The average elementary school generates 18,760 pounds of disposable lunch waste each year.
Fact: The average packed lunch utilizes 4-5 plastic bags each day. This adds up to over 1000 plastic bags used each year by one student.
Fact: From K-8th grade, one student bringing a lunch each day with disposable packaging will use over 9000 plastic bags!
Fact: Plastic bags and disposable snack bags in school lunches cost families over $80 per year per child.
Fact: Lids and small food storage containers get lost and left behind on the cafeteria lunch table. Replacing them is costly.
BrightBin offers the Next Generation Lunch Box by itself or with insulated carriers. There is also a decorate-your-own lunch bag that comes with The New Generation Lunch Box inside. My daughter has this and she loves to decorate her lunch bag with the non-toxic washable markers. We both love packing an environmentally friendly lunch each day and I know it builds the foundation within her for valuing her environment and behaving responsibly. You can check out the BrightBin website and follow BrightBin on Facebook to keep up with BrightBin sales and giveaways!