>> Wednesday, October 27, 2010
I breastfed both of my children and I plan on breastfeeding my third but everyone needs some baby bottles in my opinion! Whether you need them for storing your pumped breast milk, delivering the milk when you can't be there, for formula, or just for water, it is always good to have a few on hand.
OrganicKidz caught my eye when I saw that they make a stainless steel baby bottle! I was immediately interested because not only can I be sure that it is BPA free, I also love that it is a green alternative. Stainless Steel is a 100% recyclable product and 50-60% of every Stainless Steel product is made from recycled materials. The most obvious advantage to stainless steel is its durability and longevity. Furthermore, it will not shatter when dropped, or scratch with normal use. The scratch resistance of Stainless Steel also means that food or bacteria cannot find a place to hide, even after washing. And that is the #1 reason I was interested in the stainless steel bottle- hygiene. I always despised how hard it is to get plastic bottles and sippy cups clean! Plastic always seems to absorb the smell of the contents. Stainless Steel is the first choice of hospitals, kitchens and food processing plants because of its easy cleaning ability and it is not prone to increased wear and tear from repeated washing. Yay stainless steel bottles! Oh, and one more thing, they convert to stainless steelsippy cups with a nipple switch and handle accessory- awesome!
Features of organicKidz™ Stainless Steel Baby Bottles:
* only the best quality 304 18/8 stainless steel
* 4 and 7oz Narrow Necked single hulled bottles for easy warming
* 9oz Narrow Necked vacuum insulated bottles so liquids keep cold for 5-6 hours
* 4oz and 9oz Wide Mouthed single hulled bottles available
* 2oz lid for easy measuring
* BPA, PVC and Phthalate free
* compatible with most narrow necked nipples
* light weight and dishwasher safe
* unbreakable and dent resistant
* packaged in environmentally friendly, recyclable cardboard
So now you know why I was excited about trying an organicKidz bottle for my baby that is on the way- greener, cleaner, and safer! I chose to try the 4oz wide mouthed stainless steel bottle. I chose the smaller size because I will just be using it for occasional extra fluids and for pumping and I never get very much milk expressed at one time! I picked the wide mouthed bottle because I think they are easier to clean. I also dig that is is compatible with the Avent Isis Manual Breast Pump which is what I used with my first two. I really like that it has a nice stainless steel cover for the nipple and both nipple and the bottle have measuring marks in case you need them. Here is my son and I giving it the once over to make sure it is up to par for our baby!
To me, organicKidz is the best bottle I could find for sanitary reasons and I am so excited to be able to use it for my third! If you want to try organicKids stainless steel bottles for yourself, then you buy them online or check out their list of retailer that carry them near you. You also have a chance to win one right now!
GIVEAWAY DETAILS: One winner will receive one 4oz Wide Mouthed organicKidz BPA, PVC and Phthalate free Baby Bottle. ($14.99 value)
October 27- November 10, 2010 Midnight CST
To Enter This Giveaway:
Do one or more of the following and post a comment below about each action you took. Each comment will count as a separate entry so your chances of winning increase but only the #1 entry is required.
1. Required: Visit organicKidz stainless steel bottles and tell me what your favorite item is
2. Follow Moms Wear Your Tees Blog in right margin w/ Google Friend Connect or subscribe to RSS feed
3. Like organicKidz on Facebook
4. Like the Moms Wear Your Tees Blog Facebook page in the top right margin
5. Tweet and leave URL: Enter to #win @organicKidz stainless steel BPA free baby bottle #Giveaway http://www.momswearyourtees.blogspot.com @MWYT #green
6. Vote for me at Top Mommy Blogs by clicking here (no login required)
7. Grab my blog button, blog about this (+2), or enter it in a linky and leave a URL I can visit to see it
GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED! Winner selected through random.org- #74, jenzen69.
OrganicKids did provide me with the bottle in the hopes that I would share my honest opinions. I received no monetary compensation and the opinions expressed are my own.