My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://familyfocusblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

ANNOUNCEMENT: I am going to be making the leap and switching to Wordpress! While I am doing so I am going to be changing the name of this blog to FAMILY FOCUS BLOG. I think this will be more reflective of its nature. I will still report on family fun, eco tips, giveaways, products, and causes that you may find helpful or interesting with a focus on going green and saving money! This process will be begin 1/28 and should be done by 1/30

I Just Discovered Richard Murray's New CD- "Desert Wind"

>> Sunday, January 3, 2010


I just discovered Richard Murray, an Irish born singer/songwriter. If you've never heard his music before, you can check out his "Desert Wind" album and listen to MP3 samplings here. I am no expert but I heard hints of Bob Dylan folk and Bruce Springsteen rock.

I looked to see what people in the music industry were saying and found this description by Freddy Celis in Rootstime, "His album has quite a diverse sound, from acoustic ballads to bluegrass to upbeat country rock whereby he displays his outstanding abilities with song and soulful sound...This record is infused with a fair chunk of Nashville but also pure Americana. Murray himself plays guitar, mandolin, harmonica and percussion on this CD."

Benny Metten from Crtl. Alt. Country gave Richard Murray glowing reviews, "The man appears not only to have been blessed with a formidable set of vocal chords, but also with an incredible instinct for melody and captivating lyrics."

Go check out MP3s from his "Desert Wind" album and see what you think for yourself!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks for sharing!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP