My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://familyfocusblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

ANNOUNCEMENT: I am going to be making the leap and switching to Wordpress! While I am doing so I am going to be changing the name of this blog to FAMILY FOCUS BLOG. I think this will be more reflective of its nature. I will still report on family fun, eco tips, giveaways, products, and causes that you may find helpful or interesting with a focus on going green and saving money! This process will be begin 1/28 and should be done by 1/30

Antioxidants for energy, immunity and overall health!

>> Sunday, December 13, 2009


You may have heard that antioxidants are very important to your health. This is very true and the best source is lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. In general, the brighter the color of the fruit or vegetable, the more useful vitamins you will get from eating it. Berries are most naturally high in antioxidants. Blackberry, raspberry, strawberry, cranberry, blueberry, and wolfberry are the great sources of antioxidants and they are yummy!


Antioxidants have proven an effective weapon in neutralizing the effects of free radicals. Uninterrupted, free radicals can wreak havoc with DNA, enzymes, and cells. High levels of free radicals have been linked to heart disease, cancer, arthritis, asthma and other inflammatory conditions.


I try to eat as much fruit as possible but I also supplement my intake with NingXia Red on occasion. NingXia Red is an the highest antioxidant drink on the market. I take it whenever I feel low on energy, when those around me are sick and I need an immune system boost, and when I know my diet could be better! My daughter loves the single serve packs and she calls them "suckers" because she likes to suck the juice right out of the packet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks for sharing!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP