My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://familyfocusblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

ANNOUNCEMENT: I am going to be making the leap and switching to Wordpress! While I am doing so I am going to be changing the name of this blog to FAMILY FOCUS BLOG. I think this will be more reflective of its nature. I will still report on family fun, eco tips, giveaways, products, and causes that you may find helpful or interesting with a focus on going green and saving money! This process will be begin 1/28 and should be done by 1/30

Why Stonyfield Yogurt is so Healthy for Kids and Where to Get Your Coupons!

>> Tuesday, December 22, 2009


I have always used organic yogurt and for my kids. "Why?" you might ask. I think a lot of people have heard that organics are good for kids but may be fuzzy on the answer to why they are so important. Babies, toddlers, and kids digestive tracts absorb toxins more readily than adult digestive tracts, and young kidneys don’t detoxify as efficiently as adult kidneys which results in toxins circulating longer in babies’ bodies, boosting exposure to four times that of adults! Researchers at the University of Washington found that by putting children on a mostly organic diet for just five days, they could “virtually eliminate exposures to a dangerous class of insecticides known to disrupt neurological development in infants and children.” In addition to this, I have always used organic dairy to avoid my children's exposure to the synthetic version of bovine growth hormone.

I started using Yo'Baby yogurt by Stonyfield because it came so conveniently packaged in just the right size and with a nice thick texture that made it easy to feed to my kids and easy for them to learn to feed themselves. My kids also love their yogurt super smoothie varieties. They now have a great new addition to their dairy line-up called 3-in-1 meals, a baby yogurt with fruit and vegetables! I think is is great for balancing the sweet flavors they get and helping get more balance in their diet. Another newer addition is their probiotic yogurt. This is really a great product because it has more strains of healthy probiotics that help raise the body's immunity and improve digestion. My kids and I haven't tried a single Stonyfield product we don't love!

The Stonyfield website is loaded with information and has a really great page devoted to coupons and offers. This page is packed with coupons, reward programs, contests, sweepstakes, and more. Go see for yourself all the great offers!

The opinions I expressed are my own and those of my children. First Juice did NOT provide me with any monetary compensation for this review. They did provide me with some product coupons.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks for sharing!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP