My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://familyfocusblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

ANNOUNCEMENT: I am going to be making the leap and switching to Wordpress! While I am doing so I am going to be changing the name of this blog to FAMILY FOCUS BLOG. I think this will be more reflective of its nature. I will still report on family fun, eco tips, giveaways, products, and causes that you may find helpful or interesting with a focus on going green and saving money! This process will be begin 1/28 and should be done by 1/30

Gone Berry Picking!

>> Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I went to my mom's today to pick blueberries at a farm near her house. It was lots of fun! My kids love picking berries and I love for my kids to see where foods come from and how they grow and how they are harvested. We have blueberry bushes in our yard but they are still small and the birds always beat us to the berries.

Leo with the loot!

My grandmother is 96 so she didn't tramp along the bushes with us but she watched from the porch and enjoyed the view. My grandmother and I are very much alike and we both love to be busy!

My mom and daughter make a great berry picking pair. My mother insisted that I need twice as many berries as I thought was enough. "That's enough," I said to which she replied calmly and as if in agreement, "Yes. That's not enough at all."


Me with my mini-me and our buckets of blueberries.

You may also like to read Tips for First Time Gardening.

1 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks for sharing!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP