My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://familyfocusblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

ANNOUNCEMENT: I am going to be making the leap and switching to Wordpress! While I am doing so I am going to be changing the name of this blog to FAMILY FOCUS BLOG. I think this will be more reflective of its nature. I will still report on family fun, eco tips, giveaways, products, and causes that you may find helpful or interesting with a focus on going green and saving money! This process will be begin 1/28 and should be done by 1/30

Healthy Home- The Trusted Source for Green Living, Building & Renovation Products

>> Tuesday, May 11, 2010


Founded in 1993, HealthyHome is one of the oldest providers of green products in the country and one of the first to offer them online! Healthy Home is dedicated to sustainability, energy efficiency, and lower environmental impacts from the products they sell and they limit their own carbon footprint by offsetting carbon emissions via a partnership with Carbonfund.org. Whether you are looking to do a major green building or renovation project or if you just want to pick up a few items, they seem to have it all!

Sunjet solar water pumpKirei Board
Organic Flowers and Gifts
Water Filtration & Treatment
Paints & Stains
Coatings, Adhesives & Caulk
Flooring
Kid and Baby Needs
Garden & Outdoors
Composters
Bed and Bath
Personal Care
Energy Efficiency & Lighting
Countertops

I spotted quite a few items, I want! I could totally use some Peggy Green’s “Really Great Stuff for Your Plants.” It is a great alternative to chemical fertilizers and it is a PATENTED, slow release, advanced mineral formula containing Manganese, Magnesium, Calcium, Iron, Zinc, Copper, and Sulfur. It is like giving vitamins to your plants and it would be great for my vegetable garden!

no VOC paintAlso on my to do list is to paint my children's bedroom! I was thinking a different color for each wall! We'll see how that turns out! Healthy Home has three great options for safe, non-toxic “green” paint. They’ve carried AFM Safecoat paints for 17 years and now they also carry another great zero VOC paint calledEnviro 3000 (interior) and Enviro 4000 (exterior). It has almost no odor when wet and it is virtually odorless when dry. Their third option is Muralo’s Breathe Safe zero VOC paint and NanoKote. Breathe Safe™ is formulated with no harmful solvents, and NanoKote is high hiding waterborne interior ceramic paint, specially formulated to provide a mold and mildew resistant coating, guaranteed for 10 years. I used a no VOC paint on my last painting project- my children's bunk bed- and I loved it! It is so great not to have smell and be exposed to the fumes from most paints.



And here is my dream green project! I would love bamboo flooring! It is so pretty! I love that is is very dense and holds up under high traffic. I love that it is sustainable and arenewable resource. Bamboo is a grass and grows very quickly. It can be harvested every 3 years, where oak takes 120 years to grow to maturity! I really want these gorgeous, durable floors!

Check out Healthy Homeand let me know what your favorites are! Or if you happen to be near St. Petersburg, FL, you can check out their new store. You can also follow Healthy Home on Twitter or Facebook to get green tips and notification of special deals!











Sponsor Feature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks for sharing!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP