>> Friday, February 19, 2010
I used to work at a coffee shop. I love coffee and tea and I love organic. Often, I have found that when choosing organic, it is tough to find the darker roasts that I enjoy. Not so, at Jim's Organic Coffee. Jim's Organic Coffee roasts only certified organic, fair trade coffee and they have tons or roasts to choose from.
I love Jim's helpful descriptions of the coffee roasts. Here are couple so you can see what I mean! And I think the prices are really reasonable!
* Guatemalan Santiago Atitlan
Big, balanced taste with complex chocolate and spice notes.
Roast: Medium Heavy. In a word: Righteous.
* Indonesian Sumatra Mandheling
Aromatic, full bodied with clean earthiness.
Roast: Medium. In a word: Seductive.
With Jim's Organic Coffee™, I feel really great about drinking it because it is:
· Certified Organic by Quality Assurance International
· Certified Kosher
· Grown and Processed in accordance with the California Organic Foods Act 1990
· Grown under shade canopy, which helps maintain biodiversity, avoid clearcutting of rainforest lands, and avoid topsoil depletion
· From farms and farmers who are paid premiums to farm organically and thus treat their land, air and water tables with respect AND to sustain themselves and their communities.
Organic is wonderful. But how does it taste?
Well, I sampled two of Jim's Organic Coffee darker blends since that is what I have trouble finding. I tried roasts,Espresso and French Roast. Both delicious!
The Espresso was a deep full bodied clean flavor. Very rich and smooth at the same time. Very nice.
The French Roast was also fabulous. It has a big, full flavor that is almost velvety and a wonderful flavor and smell. Really yummy.
It is nice to know that organic coffee can come in the darker roast varieties!
But there is still more to love about Jim's. Not only is it yummy, organic and fair trade, Jim's Organic Coffee goes above and beyond in two more ways.
1. Jim's has partnered with the EPA's Green Power Partnership and Sterling Planet in order to use only green energy.
2. Jim's Organic Coffee is one of the first companies to use a sealed, one-way valve, stay fresh coffee bag that contains renewable resources. The coffee bags use a layer of modified Polylactide (PLA), which is derived from corn and comprises about 19% of its layering. The benefit of this innovative packaging is that the petroleum-based components of the structure are replaced with renewable resources thus dramatically improving the 'greenness' of the packaging.
One visit to Jim's Organic Coffee website will demonstrate why Jim says "Coffee is my Love, Organic is my Passion." You can also find Jim's Organic coffee on Facebook. Jim's has found a new loyal customer in me!
Jim's Organic coffee did provide me with the two blends to sample in exchange for my candid opinions. I received no monetary compensation and the opinions I expressed are my own.