My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://familyfocusblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

ANNOUNCEMENT: I am going to be making the leap and switching to Wordpress! While I am doing so I am going to be changing the name of this blog to FAMILY FOCUS BLOG. I think this will be more reflective of its nature. I will still report on family fun, eco tips, giveaways, products, and causes that you may find helpful or interesting with a focus on going green and saving money! This process will be begin 1/28 and should be done by 1/30

Feng Shui Stones: A Dragon Holding a Crystal Ball Review

>> Friday, August 6, 2010

Feng Shui Stones, located in the Mitsuwa Marketplace in New Jersey, is "your one-stop shop for all items Feng Shui" online or in-store.

So what is Feng Shui?
Wikipedia defines it as "an ancient Chinese system of aesthetics believed to use the laws of both Heaven (astronomy) and Earth (geography) to help one improve life by receiving positive qi." In Feng Shui, the favorable or unfavorable effects are taken into consideration in designing and siting buildings and furniture. Feng Shui, as far as I can tell, takes into account balance and tries to create peace and harmony in a space. According to many the effects of Feng Shui can include, but are not limited to: the creation of comfortable living spaces, an increase in one’s potential, an increase in fortune, better health, improved relationships, and emotional stability.

I was invited to try an item from Feng Shui Stones. I chose A Dragon Holding a Crystal Ball. My Chinese horoscope is the Year of the Dragon so I have always had a special fondness for Dragons. This is a small metal dragon and it came with a small wooden pedestal to place it on. The description mentions that a crystal ball could fit inside the hollow dragon but it is not included. The five fingered dragon is a symbol of an Emperor and this may be why it is supposed to help increase your fortune to display it in your house. Not sure if I believe that but I would certainly not mind if that was so! I am thinking about adding it to my mantle of odds and ends or maybe to the piece of furniture I have by the front door. All in all, I think it is a neat little bit of home decor. My daughter says she likes it because it is like a trophy!



Many of the stones and other items at the Feng Shui Stones shop were once displayed at the National Japanese Museum. More than 70% of the items at Feng Shui Stones are unique, produced by craftsmen in China, and every piece is handmade! Check out Feng Shui Stones today if you are curious about what they have to offer.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  said... August 10, 2010 at 8:49 AM  

I have been a long time advocate and practicioner of Feng Shui and recently came across Feng Shui Stones in my own hometown of Montclair, NJ. I love their products for their authenticity and uniqueness.. they also make great gifts!

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks for sharing!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP