My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://familyfocusblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

ANNOUNCEMENT: I am going to be making the leap and switching to Wordpress! While I am doing so I am going to be changing the name of this blog to FAMILY FOCUS BLOG. I think this will be more reflective of its nature. I will still report on family fun, eco tips, giveaways, products, and causes that you may find helpful or interesting with a focus on going green and saving money! This process will be begin 1/28 and should be done by 1/30

First Day of Kindergarten

>> Thursday, August 12, 2010

Can't believe Sierra started Kindergarten this morning. I was very excited for her as I am sure she will love it. I had a little bit of apprehension as all parents must on the big day. She seemed mostly excited about her first day of kindergarten but she also had a few concerns.

"You'll love it!" I told her.

"We'll see," she replied.

So we arrived at her school this morning and steered through the masses of parents and children into her classroom. It is set up very nicely and her teacher seems very sweet. It is her first year out of Vanderbilt and I think she will be great.


We found Sierra's locker and her desk with her name tag. She met the teacher and was a little shy but she seemed pretty comfortable. In the mean time, Leo made himself at home at one of the extra desk and started sorting the dinosaur manipulatives.



When I asked Sierra if she was ready for me to leave, she said yes and gave me a hug goodbye. When I told Leo it was time to leave, he said he wasn't ready yet! So we stayed a few more minutes and then when we left he spotted the playground and he broke that in too! Finally, we headed for home and Leo did not want to leave without Sierra.

"We have to get Sierra," he said. We will, Leo, and from what I hear it will take about 45 minutes in the pick up line today!!

You may also like to read about Healthy School Lunch Ideas and Good Science Books for Kindergarten Kids.

8 comments:

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie),  said... August 12, 2010 at 10:11 AM  

Congrats on your daughter's first day of school! I have a kindergartner, too. :)

Mary,  said... August 12, 2010 at 10:48 AM  

Love the pics! I didn't even think to take pictures at school today. Sierra looks fantastic and I'm sure she's rocking K!

(I have to leave in ten minutes too to go sit in that pick-up line!)

Aleksandra Nearing,  said... August 12, 2010 at 12:55 PM  

What a doll! Great pictures, too! Ahhh...I can't think about my little one in Kindergarten!

Turning the Clock Back,  said... August 12, 2010 at 2:55 PM  

mine just started school, too. House seems kindof lonely this week but at least Im getting more blogging done!

Mary Bernard,  said... August 12, 2010 at 8:35 PM  

Hey, Scarlet! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Yes--we are all at the same school together. I have twin kindergarteners and one 2nd grader.

I hope we can meet sometime soon. Did Jamie tell you about the Nashville Women Who Blog group? Look that up on Facebook and join. We get together for dinner/lunch and to talk "bloggy" things about once/quarter.

Have a great year!

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks for sharing!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP