My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://familyfocusblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

ANNOUNCEMENT: I am going to be making the leap and switching to Wordpress! While I am doing so I am going to be changing the name of this blog to FAMILY FOCUS BLOG. I think this will be more reflective of its nature. I will still report on family fun, eco tips, giveaways, products, and causes that you may find helpful or interesting with a focus on going green and saving money! This process will be begin 1/28 and should be done by 1/30

6 Great Web Sites That Help You Save Money Online

>> Saturday, April 17, 2010

Today I have a guest post because it it my son's birthday and I need to prepare for the party! Happy reading!





By Jennifer Quintua for Ideas That Spark

I love to shop. I also love to save money, so if I do that while shopping, I’m all for it! And because I can save money online, it has become by far one of my favorite ways to shop in the past year. An added benefit: Extra time with my family.

Shopping online saves you gas and allows you to do price-comparison checks with a click of your mouse rather than going to a store where you are limited. Lastly, it saves you time -- a precious commodity to a mom of three!

Below is a list of the best sites to look at when shopping online:

* Before your night out, check out Restaurant.com for great deals on gift certificates that are good at local restaurants. The site also features frequent special offers, such as $25 gift certificates for only $5, so stock up!

* Want to take the kids out to dinner? MyKidsEatFree.com has an amazing 5,682 restaurant locations that offer Kids Eat Free specials.

* Why pay to rent movies when you can visit Hulu.com and watch for free? There are plenty of great movies to choose from, and the price is just right.

* Visit CouponMom.com, which provides free state-by-state lists of grocery stores and does coupon matchups for you so you can save even more.

* Woot.com offers one fabulous money-saving deal a day. Bookmark this site and check every day!

* Comparison Sites If you find a product online that you are interested in, chances are there is a lower price out there -- you just have to look! I love Yahoo.shopping.com because they typically have a list that offers lower-priced items compared to a few other sites.

When shopping online, be sure to always look for online reviews -- especially big-ticket items. It helps to know if a product will be worth the cost.
What are you favorite money-saving Web sites?

Jennifer Quintua is the owner and blogger of SisterlySavings.net. She is the mother of three who is always looking for a good deal.

Tomorrow I will be kicking off the Celebrate Earth Day All Week 2010 Blogging Event! Come back and check it out!

3 comments:

One Photo,  said... April 17, 2010 at 8:38 AM  

Great list! I am definitely going to be checking some of these out. Comparison sites are a really great way to save money I agree. My favorite is www.thefind.com
You just type in the product you are looking for and they show you the sites selling it and you can sort by cheapest etc. The bookcase I saw online at Target that I wanted to buy for my daughter I was able to buy for far less, with no shipping fees or taxes so the $170 cost was reduced to $98 and I have bought many other items this way too. They also show you what discounts are available and where to grab them to save even more, but I also check out retailmenot as they have an excellent list of promotion codes and discounts and I usually manage to save another 10 to 20% that way too.

Anonymous,  said... April 17, 2010 at 3:28 PM  

Hi,
I have an award for you on my website.
Please come on over and pick it up.
http://www.lisasglutenfree.com

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks for sharing!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP