My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://familyfocusblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

ANNOUNCEMENT: I am going to be making the leap and switching to Wordpress! While I am doing so I am going to be changing the name of this blog to FAMILY FOCUS BLOG. I think this will be more reflective of its nature. I will still report on family fun, eco tips, giveaways, products, and causes that you may find helpful or interesting with a focus on going green and saving money! This process will be begin 1/28 and should be done by 1/30

Tsumiki Unique Wooden Construction Blocks from Oh! Toys

>> Sunday, April 25, 2010


Oh! Toys is all about cool and unusual toys and Tsumiki combines classic wooden blocks with a unique twist. They have notches in the blocks that allow children to use them in all new ways.




Tsumiki Construction Blocks
reflect the rich architectural design heritage of Japan from where they are imported. The innovative shapes and beautiful finish in this wooden construction toy set let you create shapes and structures way beyond the conventional wooden block set.

Tsumiki blocks come in a great wooden case. As a parent who is constantly trying to pick up toys, I really love it when they come in a case and this is a nice wooden case with a slide top. My kids actually make a whole extra game out of putting the blocks back into the box because they only fit when the are stacked neatly inside.



Unlike the simple geometric shapes of standard kindergarten blocks, Tsumiki blocks have unique angles, notches and curves. My kids are three and five and these blocks were great for inspiring both of them and letting both of them work within their creative abilities. The blocks come with a sheet with photos of lots of ways that the blocks can be arranged. My daughter really enjoyed trying to recreate these works while my son just likes stacking them in whatever order he chooses. They have gotten lots of play time our to these blocks and some of their creations would be worthy of display, if my son didn't knock them down! My kids really enjoy their Tsumiki blocks and I can see why they won the Parent's Choice Award!


You can check out Tsumiki blocks and lots of other unique toys at Oh! Toys and for a limited time if you "like" Oh! Toys on Facebook and leave a comment, you will be entered to win a $200 GC from Oh! Toys.

Oh! Toys did provide me with the Tsumiki blocks in hopes that I would share my honest opinions on my blog. I received no monetary compensation for the review and the opinions expressed are my own.

9 comments:

One Savvy Mom!,  said... April 25, 2010 at 6:19 PM  

These blocks look really neat! They would be great for my five year old as they look to require more thought and concentration than the "normal" blocks that are simply stacked. Thanks for the review, I will have to add these to my list for him for Christmas this year :-)

Annie,  said... April 25, 2010 at 9:24 PM  

Great blocks!!!!!!!!

I'm your newest follower from FF, returning the favor and following back.
(thanks for follow my two blogs)

Have a wonderful week.

Unknown,  said... April 26, 2010 at 12:00 AM  

I have added you to my blogroll

http://bridget3420.blogspot.com
http://freebies4meandu.blogspot.com

SAPsMaMa,  said... April 26, 2010 at 8:58 AM  

I am now following you back from Friday Follow! Thanks for checking out my blog! I have a new cloth diaper review on my blog and stay tuned, in the future I will be doing mama items as well as other natural baby and kids items, and some giveaway! Thanks again!

http://sapsmama.blogspot.com/


P.S. these blocks seem awesome, like the idea of the notches in them!

Brandy M. ,  said... April 26, 2010 at 9:08 AM  

These blocks look great. I am a new GFC follower.

http://giveawayblogdom.blogspot.com

Super Budget Power,  said... April 26, 2010 at 6:51 PM  

Those look like a fun toy for my 4 year old daughter, I'll have to tell her grandma to check them out, she actually lived in japan several years

Unknown,  said... July 1, 2010 at 12:55 AM  

Parents know that if the toys are not Unique toys and aren't appealing to their child then the toy will likely sit on a shelf. Finding Unique toys, high quality learning toys that stimulate the children's development but are fun to play with is essential.

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks for sharing!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP