My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://familyfocusblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

ANNOUNCEMENT: I am going to be making the leap and switching to Wordpress! While I am doing so I am going to be changing the name of this blog to FAMILY FOCUS BLOG. I think this will be more reflective of its nature. I will still report on family fun, eco tips, giveaways, products, and causes that you may find helpful or interesting with a focus on going green and saving money! This process will be begin 1/28 and should be done by 1/30

NOVICA helps master artisans get their handcrafts to the world market!

>> Thursday, April 29, 2010

NOVICA unites you with more than 2,000 extraordinary master artists around the world allowing you to read about their lives, explore their fascinating cultures, and select from more than 30,000 handcrafted works of art. Their mission is to "give artists and artisans around the world a global platform to express their true artistic talents and to spur their creativity. And, we want to provide you with access to unique, hard-to-find items at great values that only the Internet infrastructure can allow. At the deepest essence of our philosophy, we want to create a bridge between you and the many talented artisans across the globe. We want you to know about who you're buying from. We want you to feel that attachment to the product and to the hands that created it."

Novica, provides many talented artisans with the opportunity to pursue those talents instead of work low income drudge jobs. In the words of a wood scultpor from Bali, Ketut Taram, "Before working with Novica, I sold my work at our local art market, with only a few months of good sales per year. There, buyers didn't seem interested in knowing about the artist. They just bargained for a souvenir - for a memory of Bali, at the cheapest price. At that time, my main concern was just to earn enough to support my family. Everything began to change when I joined Novica. Now, I'm directly connected to interested customers around the world. They know my name, and they read my biography. I now enjoy reading compliments written by my customers, especially those who explain how certain of my carvings carry important meanings for them. Now Novica accounts for half of my income and the respect Novica has brought me, as an artist, is priceless." You can read many more stories like this one at Novica and when you place an order, you receive, your artists story on a card along with your new treasure(s).

Novica has a very wide selection of Home Decor including, Area Rugs, Chess Sets & Games, Furniture, Masks, Mirrors, Musical Instruments, Sculpture, Tableware & Entertaining, Vases, and Wall Hangings & Tapestries. They also have Jewelry & Apparel including, Clothing & Accessories, Handbags, Handmade Jewelry, and Travel Bags. You can even select from unique gifts and paintings.

I ordered Highball glasses, 'Confetti' (set of 6) and I absolutely love them. In fact, I have been growing more and more attached to them. They are very pretty and a nice weight, not to light or heavy. They are just the right diameter to be able to fit your hand inside of and wash out. These highball glasses are adorned with bright bursts of color and go great with a wide variety of dishes. These glasses are dishwasher safe and, of course, free of lead and toxins. Since the 1990s, the aritists, Javier Gutiérrez and Efrén Canteras have worked together to preserve Mexico's blown glass artistry.

I also ordered a Cotton tank top in 'Classic Olive' from Bali. It adapts the classic tank top to show off the shoulders. I liked that it is 100% cotton and is not too close to the skin. It is great for keeping cool in the hot weather as fitted tanks always make me sweat! It is a great basic for my summer wardrobe. It also came packaged beautifully!


Take advantage of Novica's mother's day specials.

Novica did provide me with a gift card to use towards my purchase in hopes that I would share my honest opinions. I received no monetary compensation and the opinions expressed are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks for sharing!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP